Wednesday, March 7, 2012

ALL CHEST BARE!!! FACING THE VILLAINS WITH NAKED BREASTS.


The picture of a mother clutching her naked breasts and raining curses on her child is bound to give chills to the average African who believes there is power in such an action. While there are no records to prove the effectiveness of the curse of the naked breasts, it is without question one of the most potent threat any mother can issue her child. Again, we know that a woman's breasts is not only associated with curses or fear. It is beyond every reasonable doubt an object of fixation for the male of the species from a very tender age till they attain adulthood. It is amazing how these seemingly harmless organs can evoke several emotions at the same time. From fear to lust, the breast of a woman can be a willing tool for those who will use them.


Sure, the breast can be an effective tool. It turns out that women do not shy away from using them to state their grievances against authorities. In recent times, I have been bombarded by pictures of very attractive women of the Ukraine based FEMEN group who have been involved in nude protests against the lack of women in the Ukrainian government, the alleged mass fraud in the Russian December 4 parliamentary polls, Opposition parties, Euro 2012, legalization of prostitution, the lack of hot water, the ban on female driving in Saudi Arabia, the death penalty given to Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by the Iranian government and so many others. If FEMEN's objective is to get noticed, then they have certainly achieved it.

Baring of the breasts during protests was relatively strange and new to me until I was thirteen and stumbled upon a newspaper article of women protesting. I was a little surprised by the display of over hundred mammaries by some old and middle aged women clutching leaves. My mum told me it was a norm in most African cultures. The curse of nakedness. It turns out that women in Africa have long employed this method protesting in history. In the 1930s, members and supporters of the Abeokuta Women’s Union in Abeokuta, Nigeria, walked naked in protest of the Alake of Abeokuta’s political actions and forced him into exile. In 2002, about 600 Itsekiri and Ijaw women protested nude against Chevron, a major oil company in Nigeria. In Zambia women have protested nude over the government's decision to ban miniskirts and tight pant trousers, and in 2001 Kenyan women numbering about 300 prevented a group of scientists from extending a nature reserve to tribal land.

The power of nude protesting can never be over stated. From feminist groups to animal rights groups like PETA, we have seen more than our fair share of very indignant naked people. While I do not fall into the category of controversial feminists, I actually prefer effective protests. If going naked will bring notice to the problems women face all over the world, then I advocate naked/nude protests. Although, I just might not be getting naked. :)


Umari Ayim

6 comments:

  1. This is the best way to protest. Very nice idea. I hope more youths adopt it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seun, you sure? I assume you are willing to go naked for a cause too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping in from Blogaholic :) you can visit me here:http://acountrygirlcan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Camoprincess, sorry about the late response. I am going to your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally we secured a contract with the Nigerian Government to show case our health and wealth compny to the Nigerian people.Be one of the very first to attend our events and get started making hugh profits and helping so many people.
    www.onlyatgbg.com/661552

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) for the last four years and had constant outbreaks and pains. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday, and i was taking treatments and meds from my doctor. I was taking accyclovir alongside some ointment. I spent so much on meds but the blisters still return after some months. It was early this year, i was using the Internet to see if i could gather any information to get rid of this virus once and for all, using natural herbs. Then i came across a testimony of a woman who was healed from diabetes and Cancer of the breast by one Herbal Dr.yakubu. I copied the email address of the doctor after her testimony. So I sent a message to Dr.yakubu telling him about my Herpes Virus. he told me not to worry that as long as I will make use of the herbs as directed, with God, I will soon testify. I thought he was bluffing. So we got talking and he asked me some questions. He prepared and sent me some herbs in 70ml bottles and ointment, then he guided me on how to use them. In less than 2 months of usage, i was totally healed. The blisters disappeared and the pains gone too. I went for a test and the result was Negative. I had to use a different hospital and the result was same. Since over nine months now, I am Herpes Free.... Please my advise is this, if you have similar sickness or any other sickness at all, Please do not forget to reach out to Dr.yakubu on : (dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com). you can also reach the doctor on whatsapp +2348057353647

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...