Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Breast Cancer And The Young Nigerian

To say cancer is a killer disease will be stating the obvious. Until recently, most Nigerians have viewed this disease as exclusive to the West or in another case to the wealthy of the society. It is this misconception that has made people to adopt a carefree attitude in relation to the dangers of this disease. The fact that Nigeria is still a developing country with inadequate healthcare facilities and doctors that misdiagnose more than they cure contributes to this problem. Cancer is not a new disease and neither is it a rich man's disease. There have been sufferers who come from poor backgrounds but due to ignorance, missed an early diagnosis of the disease and in some cases attributed it to the handiwork of vengeful supernatural entities. While there are many forms of cancer, I shall be focusing on breast cancer for the purpose of this article.

Now a little about breast cancer. There are two types of breast cancer. The non invasive and the invasive cancer.
Non-Invasive

Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) - the most common type of non-invasive breast cancer, DCIS begins in the lining of the milk ducts, is composed of cells that have malignant features, but has not yet spread to other parts of the body. However, DCIS is considered a precursor to invasive breast cancer, and can develop into breast cancer if not treated. Lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS) - the second most common non-invasive condition, LCIS develops in the milk lobules (milk-producing glands) and can be a risk marker for future breast cancer, but is not a direct pre-cursor.

Invasive Breast Cancer
Invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) - the most common type of breast cancer affecting women today, IDC originates in the lining of milk ducts and then penetrates the duct walls into surrounding breast tissue. This invasive characteristic identifies cancer cells that may spread to other parts of the body.
Invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) - ILC is the second most frequent type of invasive breast cancer, accounts for about 10 to 15% of all invasive breast cancers. ILC originates in the milk-producing glands, or lobules, of the breasts, and similar to IDC, has the capacity to spread to other parts of the body.


Now many people with early breast cancer do not show any symptoms, but breast awareness and self exam helps in early detection. As for self exam, it has been taught that women should lie down on their backs during this exercise.This because when a woman is on her back, the breast tissue spreads evenly over the chest wall and is as thin as possible, making it much easier to feel all the breast tissue. After lying down, the woman should then proceed to place her right arm behind her head and then use the finger pads of the 3 middle fingers on her left hand to feel for lumps in the right breast in overlapping dime-sized circular motions as she feels the breast tissue.

Why have I expanded so much energy treating breast cancer? A young beautiful woman called Debbie.

The Young Nigerian called Debbie

The Nigerian twittersphere has been agog these days with appeals for funds to save people with varying types of disease and with the aid of prominent online twitter personalities like Japheth Omojuwa, there have been recorded successes, which in turn has encouraged more people to resort to using the online networking site to bring cases of more sick people to the foreground. 

One of the recent cases is that of Debbie. Debbie Osarere Odiagbonya is a young Nigerian lady who used to work as a medical technician. Now Debbie has been diagnosed with 4th grade invasive Ductal Carcinoma - cancer of the breast and has been given one month to live by her doctor unless six million Naira is raised for a surgery. Now from studies on the disease, it is clear that Debbie's cancer is at a very advanced stage. Her left breast has been completely ravaged by the disease and it has spread to her second breast and her neck. While ordinary Nigerians rally around this young woman, trying to raise whatever they can in the hope that it is enough to save her, one cannot help but realize how hopeless the healthcare system in Nigeria is. If Debbie were to be in a developed country, apart from early diagnosis, proper treatment would have been given to her. Now even with double mastectomy and chemotherapy, there is only a slim chance that she will survive, except of course by divine healing, (yes, I believe in the supernatural). Even more disheartening is the knowledge that people are susceptible to these diseases and only have access to half baked medical practitioners in a society ran by obese money grabbers posing as politicians. As we watch and pray for Debbie and donate whatever we can while cursing the ineptitude of a government that allows its citizens to live by poor standards, I advocate that people should put more efforts in checking their health. Regular medical check up is necessary.  Go for the swabs, and tests that keep you updated about your help. Develop a health conscious lifestyle and don't forget the self exam. 

For those interested in donating funds to save Debbie -

Bank: Access bank
Account no: 0000216933
Account name: Idiagbonya Osarere Deborah.

May God bless and enrich your lives as you do so.


Umari Ayim

2 comments:

  1. I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) for the last four years and had constant outbreaks and pains. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday, and i was taking treatments and meds from my doctor. I was taking accyclovir alongside some ointment. I spent so much on meds but the blisters still return after some months. It was early this year, i was using the Internet to see if i could gather any information to get rid of this virus once and for all, using natural herbs. Then i came across a testimony of a woman who was healed from diabetes and Cancer of the breast by one Herbal Dr.yakubu. I copied the email address of the doctor after her testimony. So I sent a message to Dr.yakubu telling him about my Herpes Virus. he told me not to worry that as long as I will make use of the herbs as directed, with God, I will soon testify. I thought he was bluffing. So we got talking and he asked me some questions. He prepared and sent me some herbs in 70ml bottles and ointment, then he guided me on how to use them. In less than 2 months of usage, i was totally healed. The blisters disappeared and the pains gone too. I went for a test and the result was Negative. I had to use a different hospital and the result was same. Since over nine months now, I am Herpes Free.... Please my advise is this, if you have similar sickness or any other sickness at all, Please do not forget to reach out to Dr.yakubu on : (dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com). you can also reach the doctor on whatsapp +2348057353647

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARE YOU AWARE THAT MODERN NATURAL HERBAL MEDICINES OF THIS GENERATION NOW PERMANENTLY CURE DRUG RESISTANT DISEASES LIKE; HSV/HERPES, CANCERS, HIV/AIDS, ERECTILE DISJUNCTION/ IMPOTENCY, DIABETES FOREVER WITHOUT A POSSIBLE COME BACK OR AFTER EFFECTS?
    It wonderfully worked for me;
    At first I was a bit skeptical about this Natural cure for herpes and other similar medicines. Discovering people with similar symptoms who are treated and cured by Dr Utu both on medias and in social medias on daily basis motivated me, so I contacted him for help!
    At first, I was a bit curious about this possible cure, but! I don't want to be left out without giving it a trial, so I contacted him as well.
    Some hours later he replied me, then he asked me some private questions, of which I honestly answered, I told him how I have lived and suffered with this disease and how much I will do anything to get rid of it. He assured me of total cure after taking his herbal medicines. It was even more easier than I expected. Also I never even imagined to get my parcels within five working days, but to my greatest surprise my parcels was brought to my doorstep by the end of the second day. I collected the parcel which I followed all the instructions as he had directed. Just as I was told "four weeks medication " my medicine finished in four weeks exactly. From week one of my medication I started noticing positive change in health. and in week two I could tell much more differences and I was so eager to even testify of life again in me.
    I patiently continue medication till the last bottle which was then week four. I was the first person the next day in the clinic for lab test. Not even a particle of herpes was found in my system when I collected my result. Knowing I'm now herpes negative at this point I proceeded to inform my doctor, he doubted me, that day he gave me a month appointment to be closely monitored. It's my health so I waited more six Months and again i went for 'lab test' in a different clinical lab.
    This time the result was still the same as the previous one. Also since this year I have been living my normal life and am still herpes free no symptoms and even till now no cold sore or outbreak. As a result of this herbal cure in my life and my family at large, I can boast of doctors today who through me, now uses African Traditional Roots and Herbs to TREAT AND CURE patients that are, CANCERS, HERPES, PARALYSIS, and HIV successfully today. Many are still ignorant of this I know.
    Contact Dr Utu directly today on; "drutuherbalcure@gmail.com" to free yourself from emotional stress and become healthy again

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...